Monday, January 27, 2014

:Make It Mondays: January 27

Happy Monday!
Okay so maybe not "happy," but I HOPE that your Monday is going well. 

Today I am finally introducing a series Make-it-Mondays, and since I am very excited about Valentines day (I love hearts, pink, and candy... what can I say?), this week and next I will have valentines DIY's. Maybe even weeks after that... we shall see!

But I have for you a heart stationary DIY!


So cute right?! And simple! This will save you money, and it's also a lot more heart-felt and customized when you make it yourself.






What you need:

  1. Old Pencil that still has an eraser
  2. Envelopes, paper... whatever you want to embellish
  3. Knife or another sharp object for cutting the stamp
  4. Red or pink paint... or any color! You can customize favorite colors
All you have to do is cut an old eraser into a heart. Use the sharp object you have to round out the edges. Dip your homemade stamp into some paint, and use it like a stamp! This can be used for cards, envelopes, and photos. To get the fading effect, I dipped my stamp in paint, started from the corner, and worked my way out without re-dipping my stamp until only faint edges appeared. I repeated this 4-5 times.

I can't wait to send out cards using out my new envelopes. I hope you enjoy!

xox,
          Mia


2 comments: